Tour the majestic Amazon rainforest with South America Tours Pty Ltd, and unlock what is arguably the most important ecosystem on Earth. This is the largest remaining tropical forest on the planet, and it discharges a full 25 per cent of its fresh water. It also plays a critical role in the global carbon cycle, which is why the Amazon has been nicknamed the ‘lungs of the planet’.
The intense tangle of jungles found here is home to a more diverse selection of wildlife than anywhere else on Earth. In fact, the towering trees and rushing waters here are home to such incomparable diversity, that scientists are still working to classify it all. The discovery of new species in the Amazon is a matter of routine.
If you would like to travel to the Amazon, there are many different places to base yourself. Several different countries in South America have a claim to this forest. We offer a range of Amazon-based tours in Brazil, Ecuador and Peru – with a host of activities and experiences for you to engage in. You’ll have the chance to view amazing wildlife, interact with indigenous cultures, soar through the dense canopy and, of course, cruise the mighty Amazon River.
Amazon Tour Highlights
The Amazon conjures up images of explorers and adventurers old and new – venturing into a world of mystery, immensity and romance. Here are a few of the highlights that you can expect to enjoy during your tour of this legendary rainforest:
- Canopy Walks: The tree canopies of the Amazon have their own distinct ecosystems, and visitors have the opportunity to explore this biosphere from a series of suspended walkways. In some areas, you may even find yourself zip-lining or swinging from one platform to the next.
- Discovering Manaus: Deep in the Amazon – with dense jungles on every side for more than 1,500 km – is the Brazilian city of Manaus. View the colonial architecture and launch your Amazonian excursion from here.
- Yasuni Biosphere Reserve: Home to thousands of unique species of flora and fauna, this Ecuadorian eco-treasure is the most biodiverse region on the planet.
- Amazon Cruises: Nothing compares to cruising down the world’s largest river – viewing wildlife, interacting with indigenous cultures and admiring this majestic rainforest.
- Wildlife-Watching: The Amazon is home to some of the most amazing wildlife on Earth, and you’ll have opportunities to embark on wildlife-watching tours from virtually anywhere in the Amazon region.
Let South America Tours Pty Ltd be your travel planner as you explore the Amazon. Browse our available tours here on this page, and please get in touch with us if you have any questions.
Popular Amazon Tours
Explore the Peruvian Amazon and spot incredible wildlife while staying in a comfortable treehouse pitched amidst the jungle canopy!
Galapagos Islands, Quito, Lima, Amazon, Sacred Valley of the Incas, Machu Picchu, Cusco, Lake Titicaca, La Paz, Uyuni, Atacama and Santiago.
This 13 day holiday takes you to Peru's most amazing attractions: Lima, Amazon, Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu, Cuzco & Lake Titicaca
Lima, Sacred Valley of the Incas, Pisac, Maras, Moray, Ollantaytambo, Aguas Calientes, Machu Picchu, Cusco, Puerto Maldonado and Amazon Jungle
Explore the Amazing Wildlife of the Amazon . 4 & 5 Days programs also available. Everyday departures. Located on Peru - Tambopata National Park
This Tailor-made tour exploring Galapagos & Amazon are ideal for travelers that want to view as much wildlife as possible during their vacation
Buenos Aires, Rio, Iguassu Falls, Lima, Amazon, Sacred Valley of the Incas, Machu Picchu, Cusco, Lake Titicaca, Quito and the Galapagos Islands.
Buenos Aires, Rio, Iguassu Falls, Lima, Amazon jungle, Sacred Valley of the Incas, Machu Picchu, Cusco and Lake Titicaca.
Lima, Amazon jungle, Sacred Valley of the Incas, Machu Picchu, Cusco, Lake Titicaca (Peru and Bolivia side), La Paz and Uyuni salt flats.
Lima, Amazon jungle, Sacred Valley of the Incas, Machu Picchu, Cusco, Lake Titicaca, Buenos Aires, Ushuaia and Antarctica cruise.