Wild and rugged, Chile’s Patagonia features some of the most breath-taking landscapes and captivating wildlife in the world. With its soaring peaks, rugged coastline and stark ice fields, Patagonia is often viewed as the Holy Grail of outdoor adventures – and particularly so in South America. And thanks to the carefully crafted tours offered by South America Tours Pty Ltd, you can easily experience the best that Patagonia has to offer.
To truly appreciate Patagonia’s spectacular natural scenery, it’s best to travel by boat. As you navigate the waterways of this region, visitors pass the Lakes District, thread the Strait of Magellan and even circumvent Cape Horn. Along the way, you’ll have the chance to take in a series of spectacular fjords, forests, ice fields and uninhabited archipelagos.
Patagonia Tour Highlights
Patagonia is the incredibly scenic region in the far south of Argentina and Chile, stretching from the Lakes district down to Tierra del Fuego and Cape Horn. Local highlights include the many national parks, as well as the lakes, mountains, glaciers and volcanoes that characterise this region.
- Torres del Paine National Park: A spectacularly windswept landscape of rock, water and ice, this national parkland perfectly showcases the majesty of Patagonia. Tours of the park feature scenic viewpoints and ample opportunity for wildlife watching.
- Perito Moreno Glacier: While most glaciers in the world are retreating, this one continues to advance. It looms 74 metres above the surface of Argentino Lake, and it occasionally drops massive icebergs into the water.
- Puerto Natales: This relatively small town has a frontier atmosphere and offers a collection of cosy cafés, bistros and inns. It is a common launching point for tours to Torres del Paine National Park.
- Puerto Deseado Wildlife Reserve: As you sail along the estuary at this wildlife reserve, you’ll catch sight of cormorants, South American terns and Magellan penguins. Follow up with an outing to Penguin Island, home to the largest colony of rock hopper penguins on the continent.
- Tierra del Fuego: The southernmost tip of the Americas holds a windswept archipelago with an interesting history and spectacular opportunities for adventure seekers and outdoor enthusiasts.
Join us on a tour of Patagonia. Browse our selection of Patagonia tours here on this page, and don’t hesitate to contact us if you would like to create an experience that isn’t listed here.
Top Patagonia Tours
Santiago, Valparaiso, Torres del Paine National Park, Calafate, Buenos Aires, Iguassu Falls and Rio de Janeiro.
Santiago, Valparaiso, Patagonia, Buenos Aires, Rio, Iguassu Falls, Lima, Amazon, Cusco, Sacred Valley of the Incas, Machu Picchu, Lake Titicaca, La Paz, Uyuni Salt Flats & Atacama Desert.
Lima, Amazon jungle, Sacred Valley of the Incas, Machu Picchu, Cusco, Lake Titicaca, Buenos Aires, Ushuaia and Antarctica cruise.
Santiago, Puerto Varas, Bariloche, Calafate, Perito Moreno Glacier, Torres del Paine, Patagonia Cruise, Cape Horn, Ushuaia and Buenos Aires
Santiago, Valparaiso, Atacama Desert, Puerto Varas, Chilean fiords cruise, Punta Arenas and Torres del Paine National Park.
Most Popular Tours
Galapagos Islands, Quito, Lima, Amazon, Sacred Valley of the Incas, Machu Picchu, Cusco, Lake Titicaca, La Paz, Uyuni, Atacama and Santiago.
Buenos Aires, Rio, Iguassu Falls, Lima, Amazon, Cusco, Sacred Valley of the Incas, Machu Picchu, Lake Titicaca, Santiago, Patagonia, Torres del Paine, Tierra del Fuego, Antarctica, Falkland Islands and Montevideo.
Buenos Aires, Rio, Iguassu Falls, Lima, Amazon, Sacred Valley of the Incas, Machu Picchu, Cusco, Lake Titicaca, Quito and the Galapagos Islands.
Buenos Aires, Rio, Iguassu Falls, Lima, Amazon jungle, Sacred Valley of the Incas, Machu Picchu, Cusco and Lake Titicaca.
Lima, Amazon jungle, Sacred Valley of the Incas, Machu Picchu, Cusco, Lake Titicaca (Peru and Bolivia side), La Paz and Uyuni salt flats.
Lima, Amazon jungle, Cusco, Sacred Valley of the Incas, Ollantaytambo, Machu Picchu, Lake Titicaca and Uros floating Islands.