There is quite simply no city in the world like La Paz! So, when you’re here our city tour is well worth the experience as it perfectly combines beauty, culture and historical facts.
You will also get the chance to ride the cable cars capturing the best birds-eye view of the beautiful city
In addition to this you will also visit and explore the Valley of the Moon. Located downtown in the South the Valley of the Moon is an area where natural erosion had worn away the majority of a mountain, primarily composed of clay and sandstone rather than rock, leaving tall spires.
The flight from La Paz to Uyuni is a one hour flight and means you can avoid the 10 to 12 hour overnight bus journey.
The Uyuni salt flats in southern Bolivia are the world’s largest salt flats. The Salar hosts prehistoric lakes and plants, flamingoes, vizcacha, and more. You will have your own private 4 x 4 vehicle to explore the unique salt flats and even stay at the Hotel de Sal, a hotel made completely out of salt!
Day 1 - ARRIVE LA PAZ
Upon arrival to La Paz international airport you will be welcomed outside of Customs by an English-speaking assistant holding a sign with your name on it. This representative will direct you to your awaiting vehicle and driver, and accompany you to your hotel to assist with check-in.(Private Transfer)
Day 2 - LA PAZ
Today you will be taken on a 6 hours tour of the’ city of contrasts’, which represents a unique blend of cultures and races.
After breakfast, we will head to the famous valley of the Moon where erosion has changed the badlands into fantastic shapes and deep gullies.
Follow by a Teleferico (cable car) ride on the green and yellow lines, a great opportunity to get a birds-eye view of the city.
After descending we will stroll around La Paz’ trendy bohemian neighborhood, Sopocachithe place to be for the city’s wealthy and sociable youth. Admire the striking views of the city and of iconic Illimani Mountain from the lookout at Monticulo Park.
Later you will experience a unique visit to the popular neighborhoods and markets of La Paz, guided by a “lustra bota” or shoe-shiner will provide different impressions of this unique city. After a short visit to the main cemetery, continue walking to “Fish Street Market”, the “Flower Market” and the “Ice Cream Plaza”. The tour concludes at the famous witches’ market where we will learn a little bit of Andean cosmovision.
Once all activities are completed we will head back to your hotel.
Rest of afternoon and evening at leisure. (B.) (Private Tour)
Day 3 - LA PAZ – UYUNI – UYUNI SALT FLATS – TAHUA
Transfer to the airport for your direct morning flight from La Paz to Uyuni, meeting on arrival and transfer to Uyuni village.
10:00 am enter this unique natural wonder with over 10.582 km2 at 3.692 m of salt is really special; you’ll visit the village of Colchani in the shores to see the locals produce salt. Enter this perfect natural highway to cross it to “Isla Incahuasi” (2 hours), a special habitat of volcanic rocks and giant cactus, continue north to the mummies of Coquesa in the foothills of the Tunupa volcano. Trip west to Tahua and Enjoy a great sunset! (B. L. D.) (Private Tour) (Private Transfer)
Day 4 - TAHUA – SURROUNDINGS – COLCHANI
Transport and a very nice hike to a natural viewpoint of Chillima and the ruins of Pucara, where you’ll have a great view of the Uyuni salt flats and its surroundings, then descend hiking to the salt flats (3 hours). Trip southeast entering the Uyuni salt flats towards Colchani. Overnight in a salt hotel. (B. L. D.) (Private Tour)
Day 5 - COLCHANI – UYUNI – LA PAZ
This morning we will transfer you to the airport for your flight back to La Paz.
On arrival to La Paz, your tour comes to an end. (B.) (Private Transfer)
The below hand-picked properties feature good location, superior service, and all facilities necessary for a comfortable stay.
- La Paz: Hotel Atix
- Uyuni: Hotel Palacio de Sal
- Hotel accommodation quoted in lead-in hotel guest rooms unless specified otherwise
- Hotels can easily be changed at the customer request. We have a wide selection so you can be assured of a great place to stay
- Occasionally due to circumstances out of our control, hotels quoted may not be available at the time of booking. In these circumstances when hotels are unavailable, South America Tours Pty Ltd will provide the best possible alternative.
- Accommodation with private facilities as mentioned in the itinerary
- Return flight La Paz to Uyuni to La Paz
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary:
(B.) = Breakfast
(L.) = Lunch
(D.) = Dinner
- All transport, sightseeing and excursions as per the itinerary unless specified otherwise:
(Private Transfer) = Your own exclusive driver. No queuing for taxis, no stopping en route at tour booking agencies. All private transfers / transport is operated on a private basis – i.e., you won’t be sharing with others
(Private Tour) = Your own, personal tour guide and an exclusive vehicle
- Parks and monuments entrance fees
- Professional English speaking local guides throughout
- Service charges and taxes.
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
- Internationalair-tickets. We have access to wholesale fares and work closely with LATAM Airlines, contact us before organizing your flights independently.
- Tourist Visas are not included.
- Travel insurance
- Any items not specifically mentioned as included, phone calls, laundry, tips, alcohol, etc.